Join our team and help ‘Support the Heroes’ Behind the Heroes’…the Canadian Military Family! The Calgary Military Family Resource Centre is a non-profit organization dedicated to the support and enrichment of the lives of Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) families.
Status: Fulltime- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Occasional evening and weekends
Salary: Starting $47,000 to $48,500 per year
- Post-secondary education in Social Science or Community Development or related field, or a combination of related experience and education.
- Minimum two years’ experience in coordinating, implementing, and evaluating social community programs and special events.
- Knowledge of adult learning processes and community development model.
- General knowledge of available Health and Mental Wellness Services
- Superior computer skills using Microsoft Programs as well as competency with Internet search skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. French is an asset
- Must have the ability to effectively prepare and present information to various groups
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Able to connect with others and forge strong relationships
- Essential to work both independently and with others, to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Broad knowledge base of Military and Civilian services and programs.
- Valid Driver’s License (not GDL)
- Enhance and support the ability of CAF families to manage the stressors associated with frequent separations due to deployments and training.
2) Volunteer Program
- The volunteer program complements, enhances and ensures the existence of programs and services at the MFRC
- It provides an opportunity for volunteers to achieve personal growth, a positive self-image/sense of wellbeing, community awareness and pride through teamwork and participation.
- The Volunteer Program provides opportunities for families to connect and support each other while doing meaningful work.
3)Information and Referral Program:
- Inform and connect military family members to community services and programs. The Information and Referral specialist serves as a liaison between military, government and civilian organization and our clients. Research, record and promote Health and Wellness organizations in our AOR to our CAF Community.
- Build and maintain relationships with each CAF unit under the Calgary MFRC’s area of responsibility (AOR).
- Build and maintain relationships with partners and civilian organizations ensuring a beneficial collaboration.
- Increase the MFRC’s presence in our AOR and assist in furthering the mission of Empowering Military Families and Uniting our Community.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to the Calgary MFRC’s Program Manager, Audra de Molitor: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: October 1, 2018