New Career Opportunity with the Calgary MFRC
Position Title: Administrative Assistant and Welcome Services
Location: 4225 Crowchild Trail SW, Calgary
Hours: Permanent, Full-time
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Salary: $42,000 per year
Receptionist is accountable for the efficient management of the front desk area by providing exceptional customer service to visitors, staff, and families who enter the office. This comprises of answering, directing calls and performing administrative support tasks including mail distribution, ordering office supplies or other duties as may be required to support the good organization of office operations.
The Administrative Assistant will ensure that day-to-day office task is done smoothly and efficiently. Become part of the MFRC team, be organized and undertake clerical and secretarial duties. They are required to be energetic and flexible individuals who provide efficient and professional administrative support to other office staff They must be able to deal with constant interruptions but multi-task and maintain a high level of concentration.
Welcome and orient CAF families to their new community (both civilian and CAF) by providing information, opportunities to connect with other CAF families, and information sessions. Offer welcome services such as welcome packages, home visits, and phone calls.
Quality of Life
Provide opportunities for CAF families to increase their quality of life by providing free or discounted fun activities that they may not otherwise be able to afford. Provide opportunities for CAF families to interact and connect with the Calgary MFRC.
- A post-secondary certificate/diploma from a recognized office assistant or administrative assistant program. Or experience in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Minimum education required: High School Diploma, with a preference given to candidates with
additional courses in Administration.
- Possess intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- French would be considered an asset
- Self-motivated with strong skills in organization, prioritization and time management a must
- Creative problem solver who works in a professional and ethical manner
- Able to work cooperatively with a broad range of individuals and act with tact and diplomacy at all times
- Able to work independently with limited direction, as well as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Familiarity with DND deployments and the military lifestyle is an asset.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Audra de Molitor, Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018