The Calgary MFRC would like to help your child achieve their educational success by assisting financially.
All children in grades K to 12 of currently serving military personnel in Red Deer, Calgary or Lethbridge areas.
Criteria to receive subsidy
At least one of the following:
• Low grades (under 70% in a specific subject)
• Enrolled in Individualized Program Plan (IPP)
• Letter from current teacher indicating need
• Extended absence from school due to illness
• Special needs/learning disabilities
In the Calgary MFRC Tutoring Subsidy Program, parents find a tutor who best suits their child’s needs. The MFRC will then help pay for the cost of the tutor. Maximum subsidy amount is $800 per child per school year and will be based on family income and challenges as well as any extenuating circumstances. Subsidies area available by pre-approval only.
For more information on guidelines, subsidy amounts and an application please contact Kristin at
403-410-2320 ext. 3592